Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hey Hey Hey

Hey Knitty People! What's shaking?! What's going on and all that?!
Well, let me tell you the happenings around here...knitting, of course, that's a given and I'll talk about it in a minute. But first..........
LONNIE SURPRISED ME AGAIN!!!!!!
When I got home from the dr. Friday I saw that there was a package inside the glass door and it was addressed to me! Well, I hadn't ordered anything! So, I was excited, and went inside and ripped it open to find CAN YOU BELIEVE?! As you know, Lonnie surprised me with my laptop several weeks ago and before that with the Wacom USB tablet and pen (this was an early bday gift) and since I was feeling so badly and unable to sit at the house computer to set the tablet up and play around with photos and whatnot I was not even able to set the tablet up. Well....when I got the laptop we found out that the photo software included with the usb tablet (Elements 3) wasn't compatible with Vista which my laptop has so I couldn't use it. Well....Lonnie ordered Elements 5 (which is compatible) to surprise me...he is the BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD (but not just because he spoils me, in oh...so many more ways!). Anyway, I wanted to share my surprise with ya'll!

Onto the knitting, I just finished a pair of socks for my daughter's Easter basket,
the name of these socks is "Shannon's Lace Socks" and their is a link to the pattern on the sidebar These are a fun, quick knit.. I used 1 hank of Knit Picks Bare Donegal yarn and size 1 circs. This yarn can be dyed, but I liked it as it was. FYI, I did say in an earlier post that I didn't like the yarn because it was splitting on me when I was winding it...well, it knit up just fine, so forgive me for saying that it was splitty, please . I had thought about designing and knitting a cute pair of mary jane looking slippers for her Easter basket, too, then when I started on them last night I changed my mind and decided that I wanted to do something mindless, a design that I don't have to figure out so I now have the very popular Pocketbook Slippers OTN (hope to finish tonight, very fast knit). I also want to knit the too cute Mae's Slippes for her, too. The pocketbook slippers will be great for her to slide on when she leaves work and/or at home, as will Mae's Slippers...she's in a new house where she tells me the floors are cold...yes, she is grown, but she still gets from the ...afterall, that's what Mamas (I mean Easter Bunnies!) do, right?!

FYI....after I complete the Easter knitting for the Bunny I intend to knit the socks that go with the "A Touch of Whimsy" series (I have 3 designs in mind, but will knit 1 for now). I would do them all and a couple of other lady's sock designs I have in mind, but My Sweet Man has told me that he wants all of his socks to be handknit and he will get them!! And I am MORE than happy to do so! But, since several people have asked me about the Whimsy socks I feel it only fair that I should get them done and Lonnie My Man agrees. So...."A Touch of Whimsy Socks I" pattern will here soon....stay tuned.......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart man, he loves handknit socks--and why not? He spoils you, you spoil him with the handknits.

Procrastiknitter said...

Well, aren't you the mother I always wanted! Kudos to you....Easter Bunny! How cute!

Anonymous said...

OK Becca - I just sat and read through your entire blog in one sitting and I swear you get some awesome gifts - camera, laptop, photoshop, yarn, etc all from your hubby! Enjoy! Hope your feeling well and painfree.

Holly said...

I know I'm a little late, but I'm joining the Expand your Stash along! It's the best idea I've heard all year. ;) Now I just need to find someone like Lonnie to make it easier. hmm...

Candace said...

Hey Becka,

I always thought Touch of Whimsy Christmas Stocking would be divine!

That's what I plan to do once I get my "scarf" to a reasonable length. I love doing the pattern, but for now with four kids around I cant get it stuck in my head. :) I'm sure soon my knitting mojo will kick in and Ill be able to knit that pattern in my sleep. Anyway I'm really behind on most of my friend blogs as well, dont feel bad.

Love you!

Vacation Vicky said...

Hi nice readding your post