Monday, June 26, 2006

Ring-A-Ding Monday

Today began with my monthly trip to the doc to get my pump refilled...today this was a 5 hour ordeal! Not too bad, this includes going to the pharmacy & having to return to the doc's office because someone had forgotten to put the stamp on my prescription, which I discovered just as I was turning into the pharmacy.
Anyway, while waiting my turn in the office I was able to get a good bit of knitting done on Allysa's Ring-A-Ding tank. I chatted with a few people that asked about my knitting, which is always fun. I actually gave a little lesson to one lady that was interested in learning to knit, a first for me @ the doc's office!
As I said in the previous post, I wasn't too thrilled with the ring a ding prototype. I appreciate all of your kind comments regarding the prototype, ya'll make me feel so nice! Anyway, I decided that I wanted the rings on the bottom of the tank this time around. So, I knit 5 stitches, worked several rows of seed stitch, cut the yarn and did another..times 12, keeping the tabs on my circular needles.
When I had completed this process I then reattached the yarn and continued in seed stitch across the 1st tab, I then used the backward loop cast on and cast on another 5 stitches, then continued in seed stitch across the next tab, then another 5 stitches cast on; this is continued until all 12 tabs are worked, casting on 5 sts after each tab except the last one, when 6 stitches are cast on, 121 total stitches which is a perfect # for seed stitch when knitting in the round, which is what I did for one inch at the botton of the tank. I then switched to stockinette stitch with a 5 stitch seed stitch panel on each side.
Since I'm not the biggest fan of finishing work, I decided that I would to go ahead and sew the rings on the tabs while knitting the tank rather than waiting until I was done...boy, I'm certainly glad that's done, now, I will only have to sew the tabs @ the shoulders! And, perhaps crochet the neck and armholes, I must consult Chef Knitterie, his expertise comes in handy with crocheting!
All in all, I've certainly enjoyed knitting Team Summer Ensemble for the Knitting World Cup. I'm almost all done, too! I have to complete the Ring-A-Ding tank and Girlfriend's Swing Coat and that's it! I now have to plan our next knitting adventure......... wonder what that will be.........

5 comments:

essjay said...

I love the rigns at the bottom and that color is beautiful!

Mully Nex said...

I love love LOVE your KWC ensemble. The rings on the bottom of the tank are super cute - that is going to look wonderful :) What a great design too, wish I had the courage that you do with designing!

Meredith said...

What a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

That is going to be so cute! I wish I could come up with clever ideas like that -- I love the rings!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so interesting!! How ingenious. I can't wait to see it finished!