Friday, June 02, 2006

Missing Yarn

It was a month ago now, yes, almost a month, that I ordered a cone of yummilicious yarn from a lady on Ebay. 1lb. of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in a deep pink. As soon as I saw it on Ebay I developed a deep relationship with this yarn, I knew that it would be perfect for my use, I didn't know what that use was as of yet....one seldom does when one falls for yarn. I knew that I had to have it, so got it I did. I anxiously awaited it's arrival. I had ordered yarn from this lovely Ebay store in the past & knew that it would arrive in 2-3 business days (gotta love fast shipping). When the afore mentioned time had passed I began to stalk our mailman....Sally and I (that's Sally in the photo, not me) would play ball for 45 minutes to an hour before the normal time of mail delivery...... as we continued to stalk the mailman. We did this for days and days and days....to no avail. There was no cone of really cool yarn. I had, at this time, decided to make a nice ensemble for Allysa's 3rd birthday, using this yummy yarn, it would be perfect for a little girl. In the meantime I contacted the Ebay seller & she initiated a trace with the USPS, she's a very nice & accomodating seller, the kind that I like! Well, it's been a month now....and there's no cool cone-o-yarn. Of course, it certainly isn't the ebay store's fault that it was lost. I will continue to do business with her. I've been knitting for 2 years and during these 2 years I've been ordering things via this wonderful www and this is the first thing to be lost, not such a bad record...I order knitty things quite often! Onward and upward I say!!
Yesterday I ordered 2 skeins of very nice Opal yarn from my friend @ DivaKnitting...gotta love yarn sales.
And...today the stalking of the mailman paid off...I got another size 1 addi, this one is 32", this is my 4th in my size 1 addi series (gotta have several size 1 addis for socks...right?!).
The knitting of Rose continues..................

No comments: