Saturday, June 10, 2006

Kidlet Tank


I completely forgot to mention my Kidlet Tank progress. Well, I cast on for the tank early last evening. I spent the 1st part of the world cup time getting various gauge swatches. I am using size 7 Denises...I've found that my sts aren't nearly as tight as they are when I use my addis..so, Denise it will be for this garment! I am using Coats & Clarks' Cotton Plus, which is a nice yarn for toddlets..I just can't spend a lot of $ on yarn for a toddler, sorry! I know that Allysa will beat these garments...like most 3 year olds should! I don't want her or her mom to feel like these things need to be treated delicately! I'll do delicate clothes for her when she's older! Anyway, I'm about 40-45% done. I've decided that I am going to add a band of a blue xoxox in the upper portion of the top...she will then be able to carry hugs and kissed from Honey with her.
I was just chatting with some friends @ KH, someone had asked about circular needle storage, so I showed them how I store my circs..in a small bucket, which is then put in the cabinet that Bo and Chloe (parrotlet and parakeet) are on. OMGoodness, while I had them out, I counted my circs...I have 56!!! Can you believe?! I have quite a collection, if I do say so myself. Out of this 56, 34 are addis, of course! Then, we have my handy-dandy Denises. I'd not used my Denise needles of late...I'm using them now and LOVE, LOVE them!! I so wish that they had a set with the smaller needles..this would be divine!

2 comments:

Mrs. Bear said...

Have you seen the colored sets of Denise needles at KH? To die for! Reminds me of a new box of crayons on the first day of school.

Kim said...

Hey Becka!

Long time no chat, honey. How have you been? Love your kidlet tank!
Kim (renocat)