Friday, February 01, 2008

Friday's Feast & a Bit of Trivia.....

It's been a very long time since I did Friday's Feast, so I thought it would be fun to see what was being served today, so.....here we go!


Friday's Feast - Feb. 1, 2008
Appetizer
What is your favorite kind of cereal?
Golden Grahams, of course.


Soup
When was the last time you purchased something for your home, what was it, and in which room did it go?
I think it's called the Mac Mini or Mini Mac, anyway, it goes in the great room in the computer armoire....we are still in the process of switching over to Mac and learning the system.


Salad
What is the funniest commercial you’ve ever seen?
Hand's down, the old Wendy's commercial where these old ladies are looking at what seemed to be a large hamburger, but it was just a big bun and one of the ladies repeatedly said, "Where's the Beef?!" and it became a catch phrase for at least that year, I still hear people saying it today!


Main Course
Make up a name for a company by using a spice and an animal (example: Cinnamon Monkey).
The Curried Lemur - FYI, not that I would even consider eating a Lemur, the name sounded different


Dessert
Fill in the blank:
I haven’t had any alcohol since 1986.

Okay the Feast is over....
Now for a bit of trivia...I want to show you one of the OUTSTANDING gifts that my dear friend, Amy gave me for my birthday and Christmas...both were in Dec., but as you know, I've not been online. (This one I love so much that I'm showing it alone...well, I love everything, but I love this photo!) This cup really says it all, don't you think?! (remember, click on it to make it larger.)

Now, for the last bit of business...I designed a new pair of socks, these were for my buddy, Amy, by the way, one of my very best friends, and I thank God for her and each and every one of friends ! With that said, Best Friend Socks pattern can be found here! Friends are a gift ...surprise one of your's and knit her a pair of socks...or anything for that matter! And, if your best friend is a guy, well, I have a few men's sock designs that Lonnie just loves!

FYI - please forgive the inconsistencies with the colors in these pictures, Lonnie surprised me with a new camera a little while back and I'm still learning how to use it, LOL, I'm happy to say I discovered what I was doing incorrectly with these photos, but, they had been shipped to Amy and I couldn't (nor would I have retaken so many photos - ya know, you have to take a LOT of photos to get one that can possibly pass as pleasing!!) retake the pics!

I wish each and every one of you a very blessed February....you know it's leap year - what are you going to do on the 29th?! Let us know.....

EDIT - I NEED YOUR ADVICE, please!
Your help is needed, please! I am in DESPERATE need of (at the present) size medium Fiber Trends sock blockers, like these: I have several pair of girls' socks that need to be done, then, of course, I'm back to knitting socks for Lonnie when I will need the Large, but, now, as I said...I NEED size Medium. Do any of you know of a reliable online business from which I can order these. I just saw that Elann for $23.95, (which seems to be the going rate) has them and there business has always been stellar when I've done business with them. If you have any other suggestions, please, please let me know. I tried my lys, but she woudn't even entertain the idea of ordering a size medium for me (she only had a large), then when I emailed her to assure her that I would buy them & would rather do business with her than an online business she didn't return my email....so, it's online shopping for me!
My dear friend, Julie brought these to my attention, but I know myself so well that I would end up spending just as much if not more $ trying to make them, LOL! So, Julie is gonna try them out 1st! Long ago I made this type of blockers....which is why one sock is always shaped differently than the other, LOL! And, Lonnie had to use one of girl blockers to help a neighbor with her keys so I'm down to one..which is an excellent excuse to get some! YOUR SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE, where should I get them?!

Oh Yeah....since I'm finally feeling better and am up and around a bit more, I'm thinking about a blog contests...any ideas?!

3 comments:

Angelika said...

Hi Becka,

I have 2 sets of sock blockers in stock. 1 med and 1 lg set. They do sell for $23.95 each and they've been that price for years!

Angelika
www.yarn-store.com

AR said...

Adorable mug! Sorry I'm no help on the sock blockers, though. I don't even have any, and I knit a lot of socks. :)

KBlicious said...

i knoe i owe you an e-mail still, sorry! i'm behind on EVERYTHING! love the new pattern!!! it really is perfect for that patterned yarn, but i'm sure would look great in any! and hey, You make my day! :-)