Friday, June 16, 2006

Festa De Sexta-feira and WKC Update

Chef Knitterie is back and serving Festa De Sexta-feira (Friday's Feast for those of use who don't speak Portugease) and WKC update.

We begin with Festa De Sexta-feira/Friday's Feast
Feast Ninety-Eight


Aperitivo/Appetizer
What is a word that you use that would not be considered common?
fiddle de de...not quite a word, more of an expression that stuck with me after watching "Gone With The Wind" many years ago. I haven't heard another person, other than Scarlett, use it.

Sopa/Soup
What theme of calendar do you have on your wall this year?
Dachshund in one room...Beatles in another.

Salad/Salad

Name 3 people you speak with by telephone a regular basis.
Lonnie, Shannon, CJ

Curso Principal/Main Course

If you could buy a new outfit for someone you know - who would it be and what would you purchase for them?
Lonnie, a chocolate brown suit.

Dessert/Dessert

What is the last beverage you drank?
Water...not very adventurous, but very good for me...and you.

On to knitting... We are 7 days into the World Cup of Knitting and team "Summer Ensemble" is doing quite well. Completed thus far is the Kidlet Tank and Allysa Halter, have appoximately 85% done on Short Snort Tank (which will be finished today if the yarn arrives) and 10% of Summer Swing Tank....a very good first week, if I do say so myself!! After completing Summer Swing Tank and Short Snort, left will be GF Swing Coat and Mission Tank and team "Summer Ensemble" is done!!
Summer Ensemble is going to Allysa for her 3rd birthday, I think that she will enjoy them, and the dollbaby that goes with them. Let's face it, she will LOVE the dollbaby much more! Honey loves knitting for her, though, and will continue as long as she will wear what I knit!!

2 comments:

essjay said...

I love your word. There are other words that I could put in....but I don't think some of them are "real" words! I'm still in awe at how quickly you knit. I hope you get lots of pictures of your adorable granddaugter in all her summer ensemble pieces!

earthchick said...

Welcome back, Chef Knitterie! Just in time for a great feast.