Thursday, May 25, 2006

Flower Power Washcloth Pattern

The "Flower Power" washcloth patterns have been moved, they can be found here.

**Aug. 30, 2007 Designer's Note** Those of you who know me and have read my patterns know that I do give credit where credit is due and would like to do so here! Last year I saw FOs online of beautiful floral cloths and didn't know where they came from! I then discovered that they were in a book (I'm sorry I don't remember the name of it) and my husband looked for the book (he was looking because it was during one of my times of mandatory bedrest due to my disability..he is the best husband ever!) and couldn't find it. So, I sat down with needles and yarn and began to play around with different ways to come up with a flower! Had my personal blog not crashed last year you would have seen photos of some of the prototypes, LOL! I've just recently (on Ravelry) found out that the person that designed that cloth that I saw FOs of online is Cindy Taylor and I would like to let all of you know that my inspiration for these cloths came from her design...which, by the way, I've never seen her pattern and would not look at if I had the opportunity because I don't want to know how her cloth is done nor would I want someone to think that I came up with these designs based on anything other than photos that I had seen. I am very honest and researched copyright, etc to make sure that it was okay that I post my designs of a similar object and everything that I read stated that I was okay in posting these designs. When I discovered Cindy's name I emailed her, but have not heard back yet so I decided to post this. Thank You, Becka**

**Sept. 13, 2007**
I'm so happy to say that I heard from the too sweet Cindy on Sept 6 and she told me that I certainly didn't need to credit her in any way, that these were my stitches. How very sweet and kind of her to say!
But, it's as I told her, she did inspire me and I want everyone to know that she did so! Thanks, Cindy!

Happy Knitting and God Bless my Knitty Friends!
Becka

6 comments:

Shandeh said...

You GO Becca! I'm so proud of you! I've been wanting to make these, but like you, I couldn't find the book with the original design in my library either. If you were here, I'd give you a hug!

Thanks for going through the trouble of figuring out the design, and going one step further by adding variations! Cool!

Nan said...

Thank goodness somebody on the dishcloth KAL posted your blog....I love these cloths and can't wait to try them. What wonderful gifts they will make!

Janey said...

Thank you very, very, very much.

Like unkoine, I have been wanting to knit this pattern. Unlike her, I DID get hold of the book ... and then I came to a complete stop.
(And had to give the book back to the owner.)

You see, the yarn specified was cotton chenille.
The closest place I could find that stocked it - I looked online - was about 300 miles (round trip) away.

But ... your pattern calls for yarn of choice.

I FEEL QUITE LIBERATED!
Thank you again,
Janey
P.S. I have been able to quite freely substitute yarn in other patterns, but not this one for some reason.

Mary said...

So glad to find a free pattern for this washcloth - thanks for sharing! I've already printed it out - just need to dig some yarn out of the stash and knit it! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

returning knitter

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)